Jr. Project Manager
Full Time | Fargo
Flint Group is in the market to add a Junior Project Manager to its manufacturing team. In this role, your main responsibility will be to support the team as a project manager, working to deliver all facets of each project on time, within scope, and within budget. This entry-level position will offer you the opportunity to learn about agency processes, grow your skillset and start a path for a strong agency career.
You will need to have strong organizational skills, as your main responsibilities will include reviewing submissions to ensure artwork and media placements are compliant, developing schedules, defining specifications and scopes of projects, and creating budgets for both digital and traditional projects. You must also have a strong ability for multi-tasking in order to be able to proactively ensure that clients, agency partners, and all other stakeholders are always fully informed.
The successful candidate for this role will have experience in an administrative, customer service role, or project management role.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the development, creative and client services teams and manage a variety of assignments and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Identify schedule, budget, deliverables, and resources needed on the project; define in a scope of work.
- Create timelines that identify deliverables and resources for clients and internal teams
- Define effective project teams
- Understand the disciplines and their function across Flint Group
- Communicate roles and responsibilities of each team member
- Support the assignment and management of due dates, budget, and change of scope requests
- Assist with the project and the process
- Understand the overall objective
- Ensure the team has what they need to complete their work
- Help identify solutions as problems arise
- Be proactive vs. reactive – know what must happen, when and by whom
- Use critical thinking skills to move the project forward:
- Be empowered to make decisions and know when to involve others in decisions (AM, creative director or full team).
- Stop the spin – pull the team together to make decisions
- Provide helpful, timely and clear communications to team members (as necessary or assigned).
- Review deliverables to align with level of quality identified in the scope of work.
- Manage the administrative functions of the project, open jobs and ensure tasks are assigned in the appropriate project management tool(s)
What we need
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment with administrative and/or customer service experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task while remaining detail oriented.
- Ability to become well-versed in clients’ business, systems, and objectives.
- Proactive attitude and ability to think critically and find solutions before problems arise.
- Possess a preference for working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priories
- Ability to learn and manage a variety of project management tools
- Proven technical competence including experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management
- Ability to organize work, multitask and meet deadlines
We are E-Verify compliant as well as an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.