Intern – Creative Writing
PART TIME/Fargo or Duluth
So you wanna be a Flintern?
You’ve already tried lead singer, stand-up comic, auctioneer, screen writer, bartender, and now you’re ready to use your words to help people fall in love with brands. Not gonna lie, we’re pretty excited about that. There’s just something we need to know first: WHY do you want to be a writer?
Show us your perspective on Flint
Tell us why you want to score a summer Flinternship by creating an ad for yourself. Could be a well-worded poem or a song, could be a super killer headline sketched out over a stick figure of yourself on a napkin, could be a video of showing us handy hacks you’ve acquired in college. Show us how you can use words and creativity to sell yourself. Ready, set, go. Also any other writing samples you already have would be great to see, too.
To be considered for an internship, you must:
- Currently be attending college or university
- Have enough credits completed by the beginning of the internship to be considered junior level
- Located in either Fargo, ND or Duluth, MN
What will you get out of a Flinternship? How about all of this and more:
- Get paid to learn from some of the brightest copywriters in this neck of the woods
- Have an opportunity to do actual real-world advertising and marketing agency work
- An advantage over other job candidates and the potential to become a full-time employee
- Flexible hours – work with us to create your schedule (minimum of 20 hours and average of 30 hours per week)
- A paycheck! You’ll receive an hourly rate for the work you do as a Flintern
- The chance to learn from a Flint mentor who’s experienced in your area of career interest
- The opportunity to own an entire client project, from conception to completion
Flinternship: Creative Writing
Flint Group is in the market for a creative-minded Flintern to join our Creative Team for the summer of 2023. As well as working closely with the Creative Team, all Flinterns will work together to own a project for a local non-profit from start to finish while learning all aspects of agency life.
The 2023 summer Flinternship program will run May 23 – August 18 with an average of 30 hours of paid work each week.
What you’ll do
- Write clear, concise copy for a variety of marketing, advertising, and brand materials
- Work alongside writers and additional specialists to create industry-focused content
- Brainstorm new concepts and work with other creatives to bring them to life
Who you are
- Junior or senior status in college (fall 2023), working towards a degree in public relations, marketing, advertising or a related field
- Passion for great writing with the ability to think through execution
- Excitement for the industry and an undying desire to expand your knowledge
- Commitment to quality, customer satisfaction and overall account success
- Problem solver
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Interest in learning about the business side of projects within an agency
For priority consideration, please apply by March 20
Applications will be closed March 31 and interviews will be held in April.
We are E-Verify compliant as well as an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.