Flint Group is in the market to add a Junior Project Manager to its manufacturing team. In this role you will work to deliver all facets of each project on time, within scope, and within budget. This entry-level position will offer you the opportunity to learn about agency processes, grow your skillset and start a path for a strong agency career.
You will need to have strong organizational skills, as your main responsibilities will include developing schedules, defining specifications and scopes of projects, and creating budgets for both digital and traditional projects. You must also have a strong ability for multi-tasking in order to be able to proactively ensure that clients, agency partners, and all other stakeholders are always fully informed.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the development, creative and client services teams and manage a variety of assignments and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Identify schedule, budget, deliverables, and resources needed on the project; define in a scope of work.
- Create timelines that identify deliverables and resources for clients and internal teams
- Define effective project teams
- Understand the disciplines and their function across RR46
- Communicate roles and responsibilities of each team member
- Support the assignment and management of due dates, budget, and change of scope requests
- Assist with the project and the process
- Understand the overall objective
- Ensure the team has what they need to complete their work
- Help identify solutions as problems arise
- Be proactive vs. reactive – know what must happen, when and by whom
- Use critical thinking skills to move the project forward:
- Be empowered to make decisions and know when to involve others in decisions (AM, creative director or full team).
- Stop the spin – pull the team together to make decisions
- Provide helpful, timely and clear communications to team members (as necessary or assigned).
- Review deliverables to align with level of quality identified in the scope of work.
- Manage the administrative functions of the project, open jobs and ensure tasks are assigned in the appropriate project management tool(s)
- Close out project jobs, documentation and assist in the preparation of project reflectives
What we need
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task while remaining detail oriented.
- Understanding of both marketing and manufacturing industries, and the ability to become well-versed in clients’ business, systems, and objectives.
- Proactive attitude and ability to think critically and find solutions before problems arise.
- Possess a preference for working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priories
- Ideal candidate will have a strong skill set in excel and will be eager to learn new research and data software programs.
- Ability to learn and manage a variety of project management tools
Where you’ve been
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, or related field
- 1-2 years of internship or professional experience in project management, marketing or similar role
- Agency or client-facing experience preferred, but not required
Who we are
We’re all in for client success.
Through a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic, passion, reliability, solid strategy and fresh thinking, we’ve built a reputation for delivering smart solutions to complex challenges.
We help more than 150 clients in diverse industries succeed. Many are word-of-mouth referrals, and some have been our clients longer than most of us have been alive – a testament to our belief that doing the right thing is the only way to do things.
Our offices are in Fargo, ND, and Duluth, MN, and we have a presence in cities across the region.
Why work here
Simply put, you’ll have the opportunity to do your best work.
That means collaboration with a smart team that has the depth and breadth to take on any marketing communication challenge. It also means a culture where learning and growth are valued and rewarded.
We all lead full lives, and time for personal growth, family, health and relaxation are important. One of our values is go where you are needed most, and we are all charged with living it.
Benefit beyond a paycheck
Whether it’s the flexibility to be where you’re needed most, opportunity to learn or coworkers that feel like family, the benefits inspire people to make their careers with Flint Group.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employer Sponsored Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Disability insurance, wellness expense reimbursement
- Other financial tools, such as flexible spending accounts, Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and retirement plans (Flint provides some matching contributions)
- Generous paid time away
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with the Village Business Institute
- Voluntary benefits: Short-term Disability, Cancer Care, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Term Life and AD
Grow with Flint
Your growth makes us all successful. And our commitment to you is the opportunity to do just that. Apply today.
We are E-Verify compliant as well as an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.