Automated marketing can both save AND make you money in your marketing efforts. It sounds like an intimidating program to get started, but there are very basic, user-friendly options that can get you going. Additionally, automated marketing professionals have the skillset to use robust platforms, so depending on your company’s needs and goals, hiring the experts could be really beneficial.
What does automated marketing actually do?
- Lead capture
- Lead scoring and management
- Lead nurturing
- Campaign management
- CRM integration
- Analytics and reporting
Utilizing automated marketing allows you to grow your lead lists, separate leads by categories and create a lead nurture program, among other things. Instead of an employee triggering emails and creating email lists, this can all be automated – saving you time and money in the long-run. Automated marketing also allows you to check out the analytics on your campaigns. Which subject lines are performing best? Which body copy is drawing people in? The analytics can help you make educated decisions on messaging as the campaign goes on.
There are various platforms that can be utilized to create automated marketing campaigns. At Flint, we’ve used a large variety and find that there’s not a one-size-fits-all solution. Different platforms will work better for different businesses – a small business may find everything they need in Mailchimp, while a larger business might need something like Salesforce Marketing Cloud to reach their goals. While email marketing is a huge part of automated marketing, there is also SMS (text) marketing that can help you reach current and potential customers. When used correctly, SMS can be a great addition to a campaign!
Check out the top ways that automated marketing can help you achieve your business goals.
- High reach – 90% of people have an email account. That’s a HUGE market to dive into, and 72% of them prefer email marketing over other forms of marketing.
- Return on investment – Email marketing has a great ROI; on average, $1 spent returns $42.
- Increased sales activity – On average, marketing automation programs increase sales activity by 14.5%.
- Increase in qualified leads – On average, businesses using automated marketing saw a 451% increase in qualified leads.
- Efficiency – Your team can have more time to work on more important, strategic projects
If you’d like to learn more about automated marketing solutions, we can help walk you through your options! Also, check out another great blog by email specialist Natalee Kafka on small-budget email campaigns.